Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Sharing between pro and free accounts.

Hi,  I am the only cad user at my company, but I am trying to setup a computer to share parts with our machinists in the shop.  I have setup a free account for this computer and shared a few documents to that account but I cannot get edit permissions.  In both of my accounts, it shows full permissions but every document opens in a view only tab.  I would like them to be able to make edits to our parts but not have to be personally logged in.  There isn't enough usage to need another paid account.  From the training course, I thought you could share private documents with free users but it doesn't seem to be the case.  Unless this has changed, am I doing something wrong?

Comments