Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Weld Symbols

Jim_28Jim_28 Member Posts: 3
Great new modeling features. I'm still struggling with how to apply weld symbols to Onshape drawings. Are weld symbols on the drawing improvement priority list?

Answers

• noanoa Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 141
    @Jim_28 we do not currently support weld symbols, but rest assured that it is a priority for us and is being worked on as we speak!
    Noa Flaherty / Customer Success / Onshape Inc.
  • michael_hassonmichael_hasson OS Professional Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Hi Noa, the sooner the better as this has been a serious impediment for well over a year now.
  • stephanus_petrus_mentzstephanus_petrus_mentz Member Posts: 3
    Hi Guys

The lack of symbols is troubling for me as I see this as a very important feature that everyone needs and should be top priority in my opinion. I have been using Onshape since last year and there have been numerous updates, which I greatly appreciate. I think welding symbols should be extremely high up on the priority list.

Is there a way we can get around this?

-Stephanus Mentz
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Sit tight...
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    I have also got projects on the go right now that need weld symbols on drawings, I hope they are released really soon.
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    Just shipped -- get them while they're hot :smile:
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • stephanus_petrus_mentzstephanus_petrus_mentz Member Posts: 3
    Hi

Thanks for the symbols guys! You made my life so much easier! :#

-Stephanus Mentz