Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

"TO DO LIST" in Onshape

AgersensAgersens Member Posts: 10 PRO
Is there a way in Onshape to add a document (Text or Word) that is editable so I can make a "To Do List" in Onshape.
I want this to be seen and editable by myself and other design partners.

Thanks Steve

Comments

• konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are notes and featurescript text editor, which can be used for this :*
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    There's also comments and the document description or workspace properties. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    For advanced version of todo list you could use google sheets and link that to document.
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/6576/why-onshape-documents-make-you-more-productive-on-the-manufacturing-floor

//rami
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    edited June 2017
    I think comments would be a good place for a To do list to live. I just tried adding one to the doc I am working on, you can also tag people in using the @ symbol which is pretty cool too. However, the To do list will get pushed down the comments list as others comment, ultimately the ideal thing would be for a Google-style doc to live as Onshape document tab.

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • barry_gibsonbarry_gibson Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    just a bit of topic, but what does a but buster do, all sorts of things come to mind ???
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    just a bit of topic, but what does a but buster do, all sorts of things come to mind ???
    Paper roll cutter
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • barry_gibsonbarry_gibson Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    well you learn some thing every day.
  • AgersensAgersens Member Posts: 10 PRO
    Hi thanks for the feedback - I will look at adding google sheets.
    Cheers Steve
  • andrew_kleinertandrew_kleinert Member Posts: 47 PRO
    I think there is a place for explicit todo functionality.

The comments do kinda do a very basic function, but they don’t have any traceability or workflow around them that fits into any design review / engineering change control processes.

Obviously enterprise users will have their own systems that provide this functionality.  But I still think there is value having it tightly integrated into Onshape design workflow.