Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Cannot make Pierce constraint work on Onshape mobile

SledDriverSledDriver Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
I'm well versed in the operation of Onshape desktop, but I'm now trying to learn Onshape mobile on an iPhone.

As a tutorial I'm trying to build the classic threaded nut. But I've come across a problem trying to make pierce work in this example. It works fine first time on the desktop version, but on the mobile version, however carefully I pick the required points, the pirece fails and Onshape just moans with a red message at the top of the screen saying something in the sketch has to be selected.

I don't see what I'm missing here. I have the sketch open and I select the Pierce constraint icon, then I select one corner of the triangle and the end of the helix, but it does not work, even after many attempts.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/ddc3895a96a83ba1a26425a8/w/25dce64cde8d0c47d307f18a/e/1e5f24ef951ab7f8a660a613

Is something wrong with the mobile implementation, or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    jon_sorrellsjon_sorrells Onshape Employees Posts: 51
    Mobile doesn't yet support selecting the constraint type before the entities.
    If you select the corner of the triangle and the end of the helix, and then select the pierce constraint, it should work.
  • Options
    SledDriverSledDriver Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    Aha! Now I didn't know that. Perfect, thanks.