Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Fractions on drawings

brian_ruppbrian_rupp OS Professional Posts: 13 PRO
How do I change drawing dimensions to show fractions?

Comments

• viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @brian_rupp ,Currently this facility is not available in Onshape. You can raise improvement request for this. In near future we hope that this facility will be provided by Onshape.
  • brian_sarvisbrian_sarvis Member Posts: 1
    I would like to see this.
  • Dylan_StewartDylan_Stewart Member, Developers Posts: 107 PRO
    Any updates on this?
    Digital Engineering
  • PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 518
    edited June 2017
    @Dylan_Stewart   We released a fractional inch capability last October.  See the post here:  https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/4899/improvements-to-onshape-october-11th-2016

And the relevant help section is here:  https://cad.onshape.com/help/#drawings-dimensions.htm?Highlight=fractional inch

• robert_b092robert_b092 Member Posts: 3
    Is this still possible? I have been looking for the Inches Fractional option.
    @robert_b092 Yes this is entirely possible.  You can set this at a drawing level for the units, see the wrench on the right hand side of the drawing environment to flyout out the drawing properties panel.  Visit the first tab (units and precision) and set the unit to fractional inches.  All dimensions will now default to that in your drawing.  If you do this often, you can create a custom template with this already set for your drawings.  
  • robert_b092robert_b092 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the response. I'm new to Onshape coming from Sketchup. I have been working my way through videos and help content but 

I finally found the Wrench option in Drawings Level but I'm looking to work in fractions. I have seen in the Help that should be a Dimensions Pallete but I can't find it.