Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Selectively choose intersecting (Boolean) pieces.

jrs_spedleyjrs_spedley Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
I have 3 intersecting pieces (two pipes and a divider) and ideally I wish to split all the parts where they intersect and then delete the pieces I don't want, then merge the remaining pieces into a part.
Is there a way to do this?

Comments

• jrs_spedleyjrs_spedley Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    The finished part will be a Lambda shape.  Water will flow from the top downwards.  At the divider half will carry on and the other half will go down the other pipe.

• philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @jrs_spedley - Yes, it would definitely appear to be possible.
    If you would like 5 people to fall over themselves to fix it faster than the next guy (myself included), then all you need to do is post a public link to your document :)

Philip Thomas - Onshape