Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Custom Materials/Add Materials

Angela_CourtAngela_Court Member Posts: 5
Can you add an option to add materials. Until this is an option can you add the attached list of materials

Comments

• philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @Angela_Court - please submit a 'feedback' ticket asking for these custom materials (point a link to this thread).
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 516
    @Angela_Court  I have added a ticket for you and tied you to the improvement.  Very nice real world data you showed.  Important to note that properties of materials change based on forming technique and size, besides just alloy and temper.  
  • DMSengineerDMSengineer Member Posts: 4 PRO
    I am also interested to know when custom materials feature will be available. Thanks.
  • philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @DMSengineer - PLEASE submit that as a feedback request! It's the best way to have your voice heard.
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • JP10JP10 Member, Developers Posts: 5 ✭✭
    I added it to the Improvement Request area.  Please follow the link to give it an up vote: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/6990/custom-materials-add-materials/p1?new=1
  • magnus_hammarmagnus_hammar Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    I would strongly suggest the possibility to add custom materials instead of getting bogged down with trying to implement every conceivable standard. Often we don't want to tie people down to one specific standard anyway. For many general purpose constructions we simply use the notation S275, S355 etc. What we really mean is that, please use a structural steel roughly compliant with EN 10025 that has a yield strength around this. S355 = 355 N/m².

I would like to have my custom materials as a Featurescript "table".