Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

MOTM June 2017

bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not sure if the MOTM is still going on (due to lack of participation maybe) but I am going to start one for this month. I find it a nice thread to see what others are doing with Onshape.

Following the same guidelines as previous months......

Attached is my entry. Nothing special. It is a sample project I did to help me getfamiliarized with the sheet metal capabilities of Onshape. Its a public document of a NEMA based sheet metal enclosure. We make many of these at my shop in various sizes. This could be a useful document for Onshape designers here to start with if you have not created a NEMA enclosure before. The enclosure is made out of 12GA 316 with a 12GA 316 back plate and 10GA 316 mounting tabs. No hardware has been added to the assembly (trying to keep it basic and a starting point to be customized later) All parts were created in one part file. I used the assembly file to make an exploded view. A drawing attached with a BOM created in google sheets. Along with a BOM the drawing contains your basic views of the fully assembled enclosure along with separate sheets for each part with its corresponding flat pattern. This could be a good document to use to try out some of the CAM and nesting Apps from the Onshape App store.

Hope someone will find this Onshape document useful and help them with a project.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/06000a71f87f3fd0bd8d377e/w/9d4d1118d2585c94dda5d348/e/eb285b2d83c5ae1a19da5905

Lets keep this MOTM going.

Thank you

Bryan Lagrange

Bryan Lagrange
Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

Comments

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    I love your bend note "Bend this the correct way please"     lol   so true. You must use our sheetmetal benders too ;)

Sorry I never spotted this post. I would have joinei in :(
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I would like to follow others nice work too, maybe we need to quit the contest and just post cool stuff into centralized thread. I will give it a try.
    //rami
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I made a new thread for showing models, I will reward all models/screenshots with 'answer' points on forum so they stick on top of list and discussion can live in same thread to keep it alive in the forums.

See and participate: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/7064/do-you-have-a-nice-model-to-show-dyhanmts-2017 
    //rami