Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

VR Nose Shield

ben_freyben_frey Member Posts: 8
edited September 2017 in Drawings
Hello everyone,

I have been using Onshape for a couple of months now but still struggle with some difficult features. I've been working on a VR headset project and have been struggling to find the best way to create a little nose piece cover with complex features. I've attached a screenshot of what I'm trying to accomplish, and also a older screen shot of my previous version that I did with a simple revolve.

Thanks,
Ben

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,307
    Hi Ben, is this model public? If so please post a link. You can try either loft of fill. It's difficult to see from the image what final shape you are looking for. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • ben_freyben_frey Member Posts: 8
    NeilCooke said:
    Hi Ben, is this model public? If so please post a link. You can try either loft of fill. It's difficult to see from the image what final shape you are looking for. 
    I made a example doc of what I'm trying to accomplish. Sorry that it is messy and not all lines are coincident. Thanks

edited September 2017
    This will work but how do I get all edge faces parallel with my main sketch? So new part "lays flat"?
    Also, quick unrelated question that doesn't deserve a new thread, is it possible to hide the mesh lines of an imported stl?

Thanks
    edited September 2017
    NeilCooke said:
    This will work great but how do I get all edge faces parallel with my main sketch? So new part "lays flat"?
    Not sure I know what you mean? Once you have modelled it you could add fillets at the intersection with the main body?
    NeilCooke said:
    Not sure I know what you mean? Once you have modelled it you could add fillets at the intersection with the main body?
    I was just referring to the how the thicken touches a flat place. The thicken does not consistently touch the flat plane at all points. I fixed it by extruding the outline of the thicken into the flat pane. Got it thank you for the help!

Did you see my other post about how I can hide mesh lines on a part? Trying to hide these lines.

The only thing to can do is change the shading mode (in view menu - small cube top right) to shading without edges.