Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Drawing Templates

michael_garganmichael_gargan Member Posts: 4 EDU
I am teaching Onshape in a high school and want to create/modify an existing template. The preformed templates are too large and only confuse students. It is easy to create/modify the new template but how do I save the new template so it can be used again? I have created templates under the custom format and modified existing ones but am not sure how to save for future use. Thank You,  Mike

Comments

• Options
    robert_morrisrobert_morris OS Professional, Developers Posts: 166 PRO
    Once you create the template, right-click on the tab and select "Export". Then select "DWT" for the format, and select "Store file in a new tab" for the options in the dialog that pops up. That will save the template file into another tab of the document, and you should be able to select it when you create a new drawing.
  • Options
    michael_garganmichael_gargan Member Posts: 4 EDU
    Thank You.