Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Additional Loft Features

mitchel_palmermitchel_palmer Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
Hi guys

We use Rhino a lot for surfacing, there are a couple great features we would love to see in the OnShape Loft command.

1. Loft with Straight Sections

2. Closed Loft

3. Adjust the Seam Point
*removes the step of having to create a guide curve, or just for tweaking

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    edited October 2017
    @mitchel_palmer I moved this over to product feedback since the improvement requests category needs to have one request per post.  We will see this here for future improvements.. Thanks.

Also: Closed loft can be done today using the Path option.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    MaxpmMaxpm Member Posts: 4 EDU
    I think you can emulate a loft with straight sections by lofting each section individually, in its own feature.  Right?
  • Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,066 PRO
    This is an old thread, but I kind of want to revive it because Mitchel is 100% right. I found it looking for a "closed loft" option. These features would be huge improvements for loft. I also use Rhino a decent amount and these capabilities are important. I'd like to add something like the ability to not only move the seam, but set up any arbitrary number of points to control where the loft connects. This is more like Solidworks. Under the hood, I believe that this requires each profile (which is made of several curves) to be made into one fit spline, but this is critical for a surfacing workflow that's competitive to Solidworks or Rhino.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl