Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Search Features Feature

This will make Onshape 500% better, especially for new users - have a search box where I can type to search a feature instead of clicking through the menus.

Right now you have to play Finding Nemo if you don't have all the menus memorized.

Microsoft Office and SolidWorks have search functions and it's the best thing since the dishwasher. 

Comments

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hello @jimmy_neutron447 !

Can you raise an improvement request for this from the 'Improvement Request' section of this forum?  Once you do that, others will be able to vote on your idea, and we can correctly prioritize this work.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @jimmy_neutron447
    Meanwhile, you could keep help site on another window and do a search there?

Are you aware that you can customize the menus (temporarily remove unused buttons) and also build your own shortcut menu for each context that would popup with key S
    //rami
  • jimmy_neutron447jimmy_neutron447 Member Posts: 3
    Yeah I made my own shortcut menu for adding sketch relations/constraints.

The search feature is best for things I rarely use, like splitting body, etc. If I don't use them often chances are I don't know where they are.
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    I have seen people use the search function in SolidWorks rather than learning the menu and must say I started to do the same for rarely used commands too in my last few years on SW. I'd vote for this if raised as an improvement but plenty other things I'd like to see first.  

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977