Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Rollback Bar User Experiance

brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
It might be just me but I alway find that I position myself wrong when using the rollback bar. I select the feature I want to have last in the list after rolling back, then when it is taken out by the rollback I have to pull the bar down to include this feature. I find I am always thinking in terms of how I want the rebuild to finish not what I don't want to include.

I'd also like the bar to be a bit fatter as I find sometimes I grab the feature rather than the bar. Very annoying when a feature is moved by mistake instead of the bar. I think the bar's selection area should be the same size as the feature's in the tree. 

Just some small issue's I find and would be interested if others have the same experiences. 
Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   

Comments

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    +1 I agree 
  • philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Bruce - I would also like a fatter bar!
    Please submit a feedback request. Why?
    The more users (and Pro users in particular) that ask for something, the quicker you will get it.
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    +1 @3dcad   Fat Bar I agree.
  • robert_morrisrobert_morris OS Professional, Developers Posts: 166 PRO
    An indicator in the assembly that a part is rolled back would be nice, but please don't have it so that it prevents you from manipulating the assembly.
    I much prefer the fact Onshape lets you continue to manipulate the assembly even if that part is rolled back.

That is one annoyance that I've had in SolidWorks. If you are editing a sketch in a part, it can prevent you from doing anything in the assembly because the part is rolled back.
  • adam_richardsonadam_richardson Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    The single step shortcuts would be useful for debugging or finding when to insert a missing element in the history
  • PrattDigitalPrattDigital Member Posts: 3 EDU
    In my mind, a single-step shortcut key for the Rollback bar advancement would be essential in the long run... it's one of those features which wants me to use Solidworks about 50+ times a day, no joke!
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    @PrattDigital
    I too wish Onshape had many more options for keybinds.
    There is an improvement request out there for custom shortcuts.

You may want to add your vote there, also create a separate request for this specific binding.

https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/2667/custom-keyboard-shortcuts
  • PrattDigitalPrattDigital Member Posts: 3 EDU
    @john_mcclary Thanks for the thread link - I have added to the discussion there, for what it's worth.  We'll see if any of these requests make any difference, or are made in vain... 
  • Ketil_VollandKetil_Volland Member Posts: 29 ✭✭✭
    There is also another improvement request similar to this one regarding the rollback bar.

"ARROW KEY ROLLBACK"  https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/60146#Comment_60146