Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Are there Alignment tools?

ts_2ts_2 Member Posts: 22
Something like.. Align Part A to the center of Part B?   Align Center of Part A to Center of front view..etc..  Also choosing what Axis gets aligned.   Or is this all done with Mate connector stuff?
I have pieces on my workplane and they are off center of the grid and I can't figure out how to make them look nice.

Best Answer

Answers

• traveler_hauptmantraveler_hauptman Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 419 PRO
    Inside a part studio you do it with constraints between geometry as you build the geometry.

I'm guessing though that this is imported geometry? In that case you can translate the bodies (parts) to where you want them to be; though this requires coming up with numbers that work. Instead of that, I would probably hide the Top-Front-Right planes and recreate reference planes off the imported geometry if I could.
  • ts_2ts_2 Member Posts: 22
    I'm building everything inside Onshape.  I'll take a look into constraints now.
  • ts_2ts_2 Member Posts: 22
    edited April 2015
    "Inside a part studio you do it with constraints between geometry as you build the geometry"       Ok... I don't see a constraints menu in the regular work area, or button.  Not sure how this works.  I see constraints in a Sketch mode... but thats not useful to me after having built the geometry.  Does that sound right?  
  • Research_01Research_01 OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 301 PRO
    The system has little if any constraints for bodies and surfaces inside a part studio. I would in this case take the bodies and import them into a assembly and there you can constrain models to each other