Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Insert into Drawings

brian_pinder662brian_pinder662 Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
Could anyone give a little advice please. I would like to insert  part of an assembly into a drawing at a stage prior to its completion to help in its construction. I have tried hiding certain parts in the  the part studio (Constructed top down )  however when inserted into a drawing this I still see the assembly with the hidden parts I have thought about  exporting the file then importing back as I would for exploding then deleting the parts as required, but would this effect the original part studio. Any help would be appreciated thanks  Regards Brian.

Comments

• philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @brian_pinder662 - now you're totally screwed because you will have to actually read the help! :):):)

https://learn.onshape.com/learn/dashboard?labels=["Knowledge Base"]&values=["Technical Briefings"]

Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Exactly the same technique for exploded views on a drawing . . .

Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • brian_pinder662brian_pinder662 Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
    Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Could you also help with another problem, how to insert a part that has been modeld top down in a part studio, in the correct orientation to be dimensioned . at the moment  they are in their 3D positions. (Still Learning but getting there) Brian
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Should Philip be AFK allow me to jump in...

You'll need to set up a "named view" in the part studio, and then you can use that in the drawing.

Cheers,

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
    Owen - you got it! 
    Named view. 
    Dead easy :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape