Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Arc and point coincident

David_LaPointDavid_LaPoint Member Posts: 10
I have this point I'd like coincident to an arc. I apply the coincident but it does not appear to be coincident. If I select the point and drag to another location, it appears coincident to during the dragging operation. but when I release it, the line then snaps slightly off the point.

Comments

• David_LaPointDavid_LaPoint Member Posts: 10
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    I guess this is on a large arc, zoomed in? If it says it is coincident then it is, that is just display quality. A circle has to represented by a series of small lines, but mathematically it is a true circle. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
    Thank you for replying.
    So would the same be true here? I've got better images and I can link in if needed, when I hover over the tangent constraint icon, both lines are highlighted as if they're tangent. But I cannot place a point on both lines, only one or the other. Should I be able to find a common point between the lines if they are tangent? 
    P.S. On the first image, pay no attention to the S's that are highlighted, that's just me trying to figure out screenshots on my new laptop
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    A point is unlikely to snap to the intersection. Create a point on one entity then add a coincident constraint to the other. Let me know if that works.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
    Ok, good info! It is functionally tangent and coincident, just doesn't look like it up close. Kinda like above where it's coloring outside the line a bit. I'm glad I know this, Thanks!
  • mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, if the arcs are truly tangent, just add a single coincident constraint to the arcs' shared endpoint.