Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Pin/Slot Mate Examples

lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
edited August 2014 in Using Onshape
In the help documentation we show how to add a pin/slot mate in Onshape, however the example shows how it works when there is a blind slot.

https://cad.onshape.com/help/#pinslotmate.htm

If your pin/slot interface has a through slot which does not have a "floor" to it, here is how you can get this to solve. Simply follow all the same steps but hover over the top face the slot is cut through and while holding SHIFT, pick one of the mate connctors on the radius of the slot.

Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.

Comments

• billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    I'm not a pinslot expert, but I think you have to pick the rotating mate connector 1st and translation 2nd.
    I couldn't get them to work properly until I adopted this. Lou might be able to confirm this.

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    Good point @bill ! This is the case. We are looking at adding a better UI for understanding the selections are FIRST: Pin, SECOND slot...
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • dan_engererdan_engerer Member Posts: 63 PRO
    Hi everyone. Whenever I try pinslot, it seems like a 50/50 chance that the pin will move perpendicular to the slot, even if I do everything else mentioned in this thread. Any ideas? 

• MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    Hi everyone. Whenever I try pinslot, it seems like a 50/50 chance that the pin will move perpendicular to the slot, even if I do everything else mentioned in this thread. Any ideas? 

If it does, you can click the "rotate secondary axis button" (the one that is four circles in a diamond pattern with an arrow)
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100