Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Problem with SolidWorks

lucia_vazquez_blancolucia_vazquez_blanco Member Posts: 8
edited February 2018 in Drawings
Hi!
I have an issue. When I´m trying to open a file made in onShape in Solidworks, If I choose do the recognition option, the solid is crahsing.
I´m using Solid 2014.
Any clue?
Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 198 PRO
    edited February 2018
    How did you export from Onshape? Which file type was used? The best for a Solidworks import is to export in Parasolid format from Onshape
  • lucia_vazquez_blancolucia_vazquez_blanco Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2018
    I´m using solidworks file. I have tried Parasolid and the same issue is coming up
  • michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 198 PRO
    Try a step file and see if that works
    I did it before, and is the same  :( 
  • lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 689
    If the model you are exporting contains polygonal mesh that might be the culprit. Otherwise following should work. 
    SW2014 is likely to be using an older parasolid version. Try exporting in an older format from Onshape.
    1. Check off Always use latest :

2. Pick a version from the drop down.

Some-one here might know exactly the version you need. If I had to guess I'd recommend going back to 27.0

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    @lucia_vazquez_blanco - Onshape exports in SolidWorks 2004 format and you are able to read it in. If FeatureWorks is crashing attempting to reverse engineer the Onshape file in SolidWorks, please report it to your SolidWorks Reseller.

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
    I have tried and older version, but the message that is coming up is "inconsistent modeler version" and the file is not opening at all. Only if I choose the latest parasolid version is opening just before crash
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    SolidWorks 2014 will be Parasolid v26.0, so try any format version less than that. You can read it in? Yes? SolidWorks crashes during feature recognition = report to SW Reseller (although I am guessing since you are on SW 2014 you are not on subscription with them).
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI