Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Defining curves

timo_puhakkatimo_puhakka Member Posts: 1
I'm a frustrated beginner with OS. How do I "define" curves on a fairly simple sketch? The straight line portions are defined, but the fillets are not. I have chosen their dimensions and have constrained them to be tangent with each other and with the straight lines, but they continue to be blue. 
I find that if I try to extrude the shape, it won't extrude, and rather makes the whole thing disappear. Watching webinars and the basic tutorials hasn't addressed it.
Tagged:

Comments

• konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    one of the way to fully define an arc is using two tangent constraints and arc radius. and when you apply some command to the sketch it turns of sketch visibility. if you want to see it - turn the visibility on by clicking on iye icon to the right of sketch item in the feature tree
  • bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    the arcs need to also be coincident with the lines.  You likely have small gaps at the ends of arcs.  You will know when a region is fully enclosed because it turns light gray - then you will be able to extrude it.

You will get the hang of making arcs tangent and coincident as you create them.
    www.accuratepattern.com