Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Missing parts

mike_shortnessmike_shortness Member Posts: 1
I have a DXF file that i have made and a few of the parts of the letters are getting deleted when i import it into a part studio. Is this just an issue with illustrator? what would you guys try to fix it.

Comments

• mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not to familiar with the ins and outs of importing DXFs, but I do notice that there are a lot of lines segments in your drawing thanks to the text and the central hatch pattern. Maybe OS has a limit on the number of sketch elements that can be imported? What if you separated your Illustrator file into 2 files/layers and exported each portion as a separate dxf? Having fewer sketch elements per dxf file might make it easier for OS to successfully import all the lines. I would put all the text in one dxf and all the other line are on another. 
  • konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    there are actually a number of ways to make fully parametric planar wrapped text in OS by means of custom featurescripts (the only problen is the lack of fonts). the one is Surface text FS by @dave_cowden, the second is mine RectToPolar FS, even text along splines and polylines is possible.
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/0bb13c1b6ed6d4a6dd75cf99/w/b4493d47a45c27ce485c84b9/e/e1160f6dc5d6d87c1a5e89ec