Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Beginners Tutorial for Onshape

aaron_digullaaaron_digulla Member Posts: 8
I started writing a beginners tutorial for Onshape and finished the first post: http://blog.pdark.de/2015/04/13/getting-started-with-onshape-sketches/

In my tutorial, I try to include many topics like "why isn't this working????", helping people to shape/shift their thinking as well as following a real-world example which readers can relate to.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    NICE! Should be great help for people without cad history or coming from sketchup..

You might wan't to add keyboard shortcuts as they are a big help from the beginning and should be mounted to 'muscle memory'. I would consider including few basic shortcuts like d for dimension, n for normal view in sketching and space for deselect.
    Also the use of 'rotating cube' might be important if turning model with mouse feels weird in the beginning.

Great work.
    //rami