Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Product Improvement Ticket numbers

andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
This is a question for OnS

People (including me) have been quoting ticket numbers in this forum. Is there a way can we use these numbers to quickly add a +1 to that product improvement request?

Or should we simply upvote the post in which they tickets numbers are quoted (which is a blunter instrument, considering the post may contain a number of other points)

Or should we add a post, quoting the ticket number? Presuming we cannot view the ticket, we should clarify the nature of our recommendation in our own words.

Comments

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I have raised up voting system earlier, Lou should be already looking to have something for us to add votes.

https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/422/voting-system-for-new-features
    //rami
  • Options
    Thanks, @3dcad
    I did vaguely recall some mention of that, so it's great to have the link

OnS: Please consider my question answered
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @3dcad I am indeed.  Currently once an improvement gets to a critical point it usually gets implemented.. for the most part.  Voting is a bit harder but we try to sweep the forums and create those tickets for them... The people that raise their hands we are trying to count.  I am still looking at the best tool to have you all create your own lists and add counts accordingly. 

To answer your question, do upvotes to a comment add your cast in?  Not today so adding a comment of +1 works but clutters up the comments.  At this point, sending in feedback is best.  I have found a few tools but all fall a bit short of our end goal which is to make it easy to notify those directly when that request is live. Hope to have a solution soon.

Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    Update: We are getting close to providing a way for you all to submit and vote on improvements in a more public way.  We will still do things 1 to 1 if you want but will provide a way to post and vote soon.  Stay tuned...
  • Options
    Fanplastique!
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Great!
    //rami
  • Options
    3dexter3dexter Member Posts: 89 ✭✭✭
    Fantastic!
  • Options
    UPDATE: We will be using our Help Center for voting but working on a way to make sure the improvements that are up for voting will display in a category here in the forum.  I am working on the last bits before I can get it out so thank you for your patience.  Since we have such great conversations here, I want to keep the commenting on for each improvement in the forums but use the posting/voting mechanism of our Help Center.  Many of you have seen the Help Center when you click on View support tickets in the upper right of Onshape.  Stay tuned and I will announce something here soon.