Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Rotating view locked on with mouse

hal_willishal_willis Member Posts: 2
Always after using Onshape for a few moments in Sketch mode, I cannot get my mouse to do anything but rotate the views, ESC, CTRL Windows key, space bar and a combination of all mouse buttons (Including the wheel), nothing "frees" up the mouse. Every time I have to abandon the drawing. I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 on an ASUS X550LA with 12Gb Ram, but that should not make any difference. My browser is Vivaldi latest stable version, which is Chrome based. Any help appreciated. Hal.

Answers

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hi @hal_willis

We only directly support Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera.  While Vivaldi may work for most of the product, we don't make any guarantees that it will work in all cases.  I would somewhat expect this strange behavior to clear up if you just click the right mouse button, but if that doesn't work I would suggest you try one of the supported browsers.  If you see this behavior on any of them, please let us know.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • jrs_spedleyjrs_spedley Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
    It probably isn't related but may be.  I use Opera with Windows 10 and when rotating if another window or tab takes focus then I'm stuck in rotate mode until I click and press escape.
    It may be something similar with Linux, I know there is an option to make any window which the mouse goes over to take focus and that may be your problem.