Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Edge to edge centre line & centre mark.

brian_pinder662brian_pinder662 Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
When trying to use these two features in drawing, I find they will not work in projected views. This is a topic I have posted previously but thought I had solved. However not so, Can anyone say if this normal or is there a problem that anyone can help with. I have a spiral stair landing with handrail  that I am trying to dimension to the centre line, also holes in which I would like to place a centre point.
Thank you   Brian.

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Sounds like your edges might be made of splines - a centerline can only be created on arcs and lines - can you post a link?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Brian - as always, to get the best answer, please post a link to the document or a screenshot highlighting the problem you are experiencing.
    We look forward to helping you.
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • brian_pinder662brian_pinder662 Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
    A little embarrassing but never posted link before , could you please explain how to do this or screen shot.
    thanks for your replies. Brian.
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    A little embarrassing but never posted link before , could you please explain how to do this or screen shot.
    thanks for your replies. Brian.
    Hi.

Happy coincidence, just happened to post this recently:-

https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/39686#Comment_39686

Cheers,

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
    Thank you Owen, will do this. Maybe someone will be  able to show where the problem is.
    Enjoy rest of your day. Brian. (From a very wet Sheffield at the moment)

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/cb47a08bebe5fcac79fc7aed/w/6a5b5ceb93a25da19985dbcc/e/7d8c252606c2e47cdfdf0b58  

This is the link to the problem Drawing, It is the section and the projected views where I find the problem.
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    It's because it is a section view (though why that should matter I don't know - please report as a bug). Create an auxiliary view instead - that works.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
    Thanks Neil, Will do.
    Brian
  • PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 518
    edited April 2018
    @brian_pinder662 @NeilCooke We have a bug currently on centerlines and centermark creation on angled section views.  A fix is coming.  I suspect that is the issue you were hitting here.  If it was not, I would encourage you to submit a bug report using the tool in the help menu.  
    Thank you PeteYodis, Yes this is the issue ,
     Regards Brian (Have a good day)