Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

significant digits?

paul_1paul_1 Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
how can i control the number of significant digits shown, in either dimensions, or the measurement tool?  currently measurement seems to give just two decimal places, and dimensions give 3.  of course i can get more accuracy by switching to metric, but that seems...  convoluted.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited April 2015
    There is not that much control in settings currently, this would be clearly something to set in general as default and also per document. 

We just need to enjoy what we have while OnS people work hard to implement standard features.
    //rami
  • Options
    The plan is clearly working, if slowly.  I live in Arlington.  :-)
  • Options
    jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Currently there are no controls for significant digits.  However, if you edit a dimension and select/focus the field, it will give the fully expanded value.  
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • Options
    thanks jake.  i think i'd be happy if the measurement feature gave the same answer that dimensioning does.  (for me it's seeing 1/8" presented as .12 -- just seems wrong.)