Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Color

imagineeredimagineered Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
This would just be a nice to have, but coloring or shading of the background?
Makes it a little easier on the eyes for long stints of modelling.
& perhaps throwing some basic colors on the tool icons - makes it easier & faster to differentiate.

Comments

• shashank_aaryashashank_aarya Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    This is one of the improvement. I guess Onshape is already working for it. But since working on Onshape is from online cloud server, in order to minimize the regeneration time, at present priority for graphics is not higher.
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    There was some conversation about these things back in April 2015
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/623/customising-interface-behaviour
    //rami
  • Terry1Terry1 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭✭
    I made a request for this a while back and hope it's on the short list. 
    I find it impossible to view the screen more than 1/2 hour before my eyes become irritated. This is a real problem for some of us.

I looked at dimming my screen brightness but then that made it to difficult to see the light gray fonts.

Even this forum display is one of the brightest I've seen, and I read a lot of forums. A slight tint would help a lot.

Love the program though. Just need to use it in small sessions. 

• jacob_goodjacob_good Member Posts: 2
    I'll bump this one up from the dead. I've been actively searching for a SW replacement since they took colors out of the UI for the 2016 release. When I spend a lot of time in a program, it needs to make me happy. Gray and blue and white don't really do it for me. Is there any chance of getting a more colorful interface and icons in the future? Makes icon identification
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @jacob_good

Please help us prioritize this work by voting on the following improvement request:
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/1362/user-interface-and-feature-tree
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team