Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Coloring faces

3dexter3dexter Member Posts: 89 ✭✭✭
One thing I miss is the simple task of coloring individual faces in a model!

I hope to see this option coloring faces and features in Onshape in the very near future!

Comments

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    +1 for face / feature color (and consider this to be done also in keyshot)
    //rami
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    I would like this too. I would use it when I model decal and sign's. Not high on the priority list but would be handy.
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • daniel_s_wolfdaniel_s_wolf Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Has there been any progress on this? I work with boards which are laminated on some sides. It would be great if I could see at once whether a non-laminated face is visible.
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    @daniel_s_wolf there is an improvement request for this place your vote here https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/1293/coloring-faces/p1
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @daniel_s_wolf

As a workaround you can use "Offset surface" with some minimal offset off the face you want to color, and then color that surface:
    https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/offset_surface.htm
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @Jake_Rosenfeld
    I would like to represent that when there is a hole, the inside of hole is different color. That would mean 6 offset surface per part and would most certainly mess with dimension checking. Please put some priority on this standard feature.
    //rami