Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Sorting Folders

Luke_SmithLuke_Smith Member Posts: 2
Is there any was to set permanently the way you want folders ordered? i dont want to have to click the sort by name button ever time I go to update anything.

Comments

• Tony_C_Tony_C_ Member Posts: 272 PRO
    Guessing you're talking about folders that come up when you're inserting a part or assembly.

That's an annoyance to me too.  Having to relearn and look for a doc once you make a new version of a library does slow me down.  

• Eleanor_CoffinEleanor_Coffin Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    Coming here to bump this! It drives me crazy that:
    • You can't change the order those items appear in;
    • The order doesn't match what's shown on the Onshape home page; and
    • It doesn't sort by "recently opened" or any identifiable parameter.
  • svenolov_nystromsvenolov_nystrom OS Professional Posts: 63 PRO
    This is a real annoyans. Compare: If you have a workshop,  you would certanly like to see the tools hanging on their assigned place then you arrive in the morning!  Refer to the folders in my Onshape
  • ProsperorgProsperorg Member Posts: 3 PRO
    Bumping this up: we really need to lock the positions of folders in the explorer by name. 
    Gets confusing sometimes when you have a wall of folders that is constantly changing order. 
  • M_HutchisonM_Hutchison Member Posts: 26 PRO
    Its sucks, I wish it would just leave my sort order alone and quit rearranging my files.  PITA
  • shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 798 PRO