Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

SIMSOLID Cloud expands solution offering - now includes thermal-structural and nonlinear analysis

KenWelchKenWelch Member, Developers Posts: 22 PRO
We continue to build out the capabilities of SIMSOLID Cloud to include the features already available in our popular desktop product. With the latest release, we now include the following:
  • New analysis types – thermal, geometric nonlinear, nonlinear separating contact and coupled thermal-structural
  • New boundary conditions – hinge supports, bearing loads, thermal loads
Our goal is to make our cloud product equivalent to all features available in our desktop and we are well on our way. Note that while we are adding features we are not increasing price. So, that during this transition, our cloud product is actually more affordable than the desktop. Check it out in the Onshape App Store.
SVP & Co-founder SimSolid  |  Altair Engineering Inc.
twitter: @ken_welch  |  web: www.altair.com/simsolid

Comments

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Looking forward to using it again Ken. I am just waiting for the right project to justify going pro. Thanks for the continued improvements, hinge supports will be very helpful to me when I get there. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    Still no educational plan?
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @KenWelch
    Will a free version for education users be coming?
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100