Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

default document selector

billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
edited June 2018 in App Store & Partners Apps
Default document:

This is working well now. Except.....

What query are you using to generate this list? I didn't even know I had most of these documents.

I suspect there's 20 listings, probably by create date and I have no idea what else.

How about using:
-by my documents
-modifiedAt

I can't seem to get the document I want to work with to show up on the list.

Comments

• Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    Neither can i
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Options
    awkawk Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 78
    The selector at the top of the page allows you to choose a document to operate against - the document Id for that document is automatically filled in for you when you 'try it' for an API request. It looks like it's currently listing the first 20 public documents - which I agree isn't all that helpful. You should be able to override the filled in value with the details of the current document (just copy them from the URL in the browsers location bar)

I'll file a bug internally to change this. It should default to the document that the API explorer has been added to, and perhaps give you a choice of the documents *you* own, not the public documents.
    Director of API, Appstore, and App Partner Technical Support
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited June 2018
    @andrew_kimpton

There's no way to change the document default other than using the selector. I personally don't think you'll ever get the selector to work correctly because I have too many documents and we'll never get the filters correct for what I need in that list of 20.

I propose a simple text field and let me cut'n paste it in.

What's really nice is that it remembers from session to session and I typically write API stuff using a document that I have setup for this purpose. I'll probably setup once and leave it for some time.

It's definitely getting better,

Thanks