Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

New Part in Part Studio, Insert into Assembly in desired position

Kenneth_PacardoKenneth_Pacardo Member Posts: 1 PRO
I created a model with multiple Parts in Part Studio and I inserted them all into my Assembly positioned to how I want them to be. If I go back to my Part Studio and add a new Part to my model, it does not show up when I go back to Assembly. I have to insert the new Part individually and position it according to how the rest of my model is oriented in my Assembly.

Is there a way to update my Part Studio model that is within my Assembly to include all the new Parts I created and have the new Parts be in the position I set them in in Part Studio? (Instead of inserting and positioning each new Part in my Assembly one by one)

Comments

• MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @Kenneth_Pacardo
    No, there is not a way.
    Please create an improvement request over to the right. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • dick_van_der_vaartdick_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 51 PRO
    @Kenneth_Pacardo
    Yes, very easy, in the insert dialog, expand the Part Studio, and click on the new created part.
    And then the new part is in the position  you want.
  • philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Kenneth_Pacardo - please see this post for a full explanation . . . 

https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/42750#Comment_42750

Bottom line - being able to insert an entire part studio is a convenience - it is not a  a sub assembly. 
    Adding parts to a sub assembly adds them everywhere that sub assembly is used.
    Adding a part to a part studio no more adds it to an assembly than creating a new SolidWorks part file will automatically add it to an assembly you are working on.

I hope this helps :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape