Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Break View Suppressing Projected View Alignment

Logan_5Logan_5 Member Posts: 44 ✭✭✭
I am creating a drawing of a long part and wanted to create projected views from it.  When I create the break view or add the break lines to the view, the projected views do not move along with it.  Is this a bug or is there an important reason why the Suppress alignment with parent is check marked and not able to be unchecked?

Thanks,
Logan

Comments

• Options
    jackson_kingjackson_king OS Professional Posts: 80 PRO
    It’s the expected behavior. I’ve mentioned this to the OS support, not sure if it’s an official request or not. I have drawn sketch lines in the drawing referencing key points and then drag the detached views till the lines are aligned then delete the sketched lines. Not perfect but works well enough. 
  • Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    This is an official request.  @jackson_king If you have submitted a ticket for it as a Pro user, then you are on the improvement.  More upvotes on user submitted tickets does help us prioritize the work.