Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Performance issue and lag since last update

Phil_DyzePhil_Dyze Member Posts: 12 PRO
Hey Guys,

I've been experiencing some important lags when using Onshape since last update.
It happens when editing features, rolling-back to a feature, selecting edges and faces for a feature, etc. Mostly when a 3D update is required. Once the update is completed, the view is moving smoothly.

I have noticed the following differences:
  • The loading circle take a few seconds to appear, 
  • I sometimes lose my cursor for a few seconds
  • I can't move my part or select edges and faces for a few seconds
These problems weren't there before. For example, I could quickly select many edges for fillets and see my part progressively update while I continue my selection process. Now, the whole system freeze until the part is updated. It takes a lot of time when you need to select many edges. Sketches are also very slow in the same way.

Even selecting a face takes around 2 seconds before the area measurements shows, freezing the interface for this time.

Here is what I tried:
  • Restart chrome
  • Reboot my computer
  • Clear the browser cache
  • Check if my network was bottlenecking my browsing
I'm out of solution. Has anybody experienced this behavior before? It's slowing my work quite a lot.

Comments

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @Phil_Dyze

Thanks for letting us know about this trouble!  We've pulled a support ticket to take a closer look at this with you.  Sorry for the inconvenience, hopefully we can sort out to root of this problem!
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • AuroraRonAuroraRon Member Posts: 120 PRO
    I've been saying this all along.     

Onshape just posted on a blog showing an engine in motion.  Looks amazing but I don't believe it's at all possible for anyone to do this. 

https://www.onshape.com/cad-blog/onshape-assemblies-for-solidworks-users?

I'd love to see anyone work with anything this complex and have it load. What I do is not as complex and will wait forever for it to just open up. 
    How about sharing the file so we can see how it loads and that it is actually possible to do with Onshape.