Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Forum improvements

3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
As forum user base and knowledge base inside are rapidly growing, I would like to suggest some improvements for the (support) forum:

- Possibility to tag comments, sometimes conversations begins from someones very special need and grows to be important information for many users. Seeing tagged comments in search results would lead to right way while searching for answer to something. I don't mean everybody should always tag their comment, but if you write something wise that is not covered by the topic you could tag it for others to find. At least Onshape employees should be able to tag their answers to be easily found.
Show all tags (topic&comments) in discussions list to tell reader what's inside.

- Suggest search results when creating a new discussion (while writing a title or tagging). It would be best for all if there wasn't multiple threads for same issues. Alibre uservoice had this and it worked very good, you could instantly see that there is already conversation / request for your issue - 'search before ask' tends to forgot every now and then. 

- Advanced search, to be able to narrow the results to question+answer or search only topics and tags

- Copy link to main discussion from the search result list (of comments). Currently the link is created to certain comment and very often if looking for some conversation to point out in another thread, you do a search by some words remembered to be there but need to do extra work to get the link to main discussion.

- Enable drag&drop and paste from clipboard to attach a file. It would be nice to just ctrl+v (paste) screenshot rather than save it and find the file.
//rami

Comments

• Options
    andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought we already had tagging; in fact in some cases, I'm certain we do.
    Either it's only for the OP, or it's specific to certain categories of topic? The "popular tags" are only visible on certain pages, in the right hand column, as here:
    https://forum.onshape.com/categories
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @Andrew_Troup We have tagging but only when you start new discussion, but if the discussion grows out from original title/tag there is no way to tag comments..
    I mean the situation that starts with title 'Import problem on SW v3.1 sheetmetal files' (tag sw-import) and discussion grows to answer questions on import problems in general or there might be some feature requests inside. There is currently a lot of information in threads titled 'Solid Works something' - as I'm not sw user I might skip these threads.
    //rami