Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

STEP file import from Altium

anthony_schanzleanthony_schanzle Member Posts: 2 PRO
I have a PCB done in Altium Designer than has been exported to a STEP file.  When I Import it into Onshape, only one part is shown.  I can open the STEP file in FreeCAD and Solidworks.  

Answers

• PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 516
    @anthony_schanzle  Can you submit feedback using our feedback tool in the product?  We would be glad to take a look for you.
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
    As an interim sanity check you could try:

1. Checking the "flatten to part studio" option during import. 
    2. Export the STEP file from SolidWorks to see if that works or not and let us know. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Object_MageObject_Mage Member Posts: 13 EDU
    edited September 2018
    @NeilCooke
    Hey Neil I tried that it doesn't work. The fact is multiple people are struggling to import .step files from a common PCB program called Altium  The app that costed money and solved this called PCB Fix is also gone. What do you suggest?
    Share it with support. 
    Or make it public and share the url here. 
  • robert_morrisrobert_morris OS Professional, Developers Posts: 166 PRO
    @Object_Mage,
    See my post here: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/45091/#Comment_45091
    Basically the problem is with the STEP export from Altium. The files have problems in SolidWorks as well - at least for us.