Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Sketches "Final" button improvement

Ed_McGuireEd_McGuire OS Professional Posts: 24 PRO
While working on a Part Tab with many parts.  When I go back and edit the first sketch in the tree, and i use the "Final" button to "see" "after" sketches and parts.  It would be nice to be able to click on points/lines of the "after" sketches/parts to get dimensions to show up in the bottom right corner.  @lougallo

Tagged:

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @Ed_McGuire That would allow you to reference things that do not exist at the time the feature was created.  That is why we disable selection.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Ed_McGuireEd_McGuire OS Professional Posts: 24 PRO
    i understand users may get confused.  yet, for designing, i would find that very helpful.  maybe that can be looked at to have an option for professional users to switch that on.  even add a disclaimer if you want.