Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Drawing rebuilds too sensitive. Anyone else have this problem with release management?

brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
edited September 2018 in Drawings
I am trying to use release management and have a list 22 drawings I am trying to release in 1 go.  After selecting I find 2 are pending, this is after a lot of attempts to ensure all are updated. 

so I update the 2 pending drawings. 

Then have another go.

It seems that just updating 1 drawing cause's another to go into pending update. This doesn't seem right!!!

It seems my best solution, for now, is just to turn the pending off.

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   

Comments

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Now I am having trouble getting my part studio's to show without regen errors, I've checked this 5 times now. Looks like I'll have to turn that one off too. 

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • mthiesmeyermthiesmeyer Onshape Employees Posts: 115
    Hi @brucebartlett,

This also does not seem correct, please file a support ticket.

Best,

Mike
  • romeograhamromeograham Member Posts: 656 PRO
    I have a similar issue.
    The workflow to use Release Management with several parts at once is really challenging. Since you can't "save" your list of parts / drawings etc that you want to release, you have to Cancel out of the the Release page, then go find / fix all the problem areas, then come back and manually create that long list again!

I'd like to be able to select multiple Drawings from the Tab Manager and release from there.