Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Features and parts windows and other ideas

adrian_traceadrian_trace Member Posts: 5
I wonder if others would appreciate the ability to undock the parts window from the features window to enable it to be located elseware, in my case on the right of the screen.

When moving the features up or down the history are there short cuts for this as my laggy connection makes this painful? Could groups of features be selected and moved together?

It could be nice to have a comment feature ( for those that like commented code!)

When features are related could they be indented and perhaps associated with the comment feature? This could also be a grouping mechanism for the move.

Hope these ideas stimulate some better ones!

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    Hi @adrian_trace - can you post your ideas (one by one) in the improvements category on the right ---> ?

Could groups of features be selected and moved together?

You can ctrl- or shift-select multiple features and drag them together.

It could be nice to have a comment feature ( for those that like commented code!)

You can add comments to features or faces by right-clicking and selecting "add comment".

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI