Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Buy private document

Hello,

I understand Onshape make money from enterprises and big companies but I ask myself if they can't make some cash from hobbyists and very small companies who didn't afford to buy an enterprise license.
I am thinking about possibility to buy one private document for some amount of money.

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    edited September 2018
    @narcis_vasiliu - Welcome to the forums and thank you for your question.

Onshape is the first professional grade 3D CAD platform that is freely available to all users. There is a free plan that is not functionality limited in any way and is intended for non-commercial use. You are free to use that as much as you want - the only caveat being that in the same way that we have published our source code for all to use, your documents are public for others to review/use.
    For data with any 'economic value', meaning you value the privacy of your data - perhaps you are developing a commercial product, then we have several levels of our professional offerings that come with additional support and some additional features (eg Release Management).

We currently have no plans to offer any additional levels and reiterate our commitment to always providing a free plan for all to use.

https://www.onshape.com/products/free

Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    narcis_vasiliunarcis_vasiliu Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your answer.

In my country, (Romania), the amount Onshape asks for standard licence is the medium wage for 3 months.
    If I'm not at least a medium company which make money from CAD designs, I can't afford this licence.
    I really like Onshape but I'm just a maker and I don't know if I'll make money from my projects at all.
    I think Onshape should be interested about mass interest in their product. Because your software is so nice. You should find a solution to keep or increase your revenue but attract small users.

All the best!