Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Threaded representation

mdjeredjianmdjeredjian Member Posts: 1 EDU
Hi, my name is Manuel

I wanted to check if there is any way to represent a thread as in the other parametric drawing software. I already watch the videos of how to generate the thread in the piece but when I want to make the plan I can not get the appropriate technical representation

Thank you very much and sorry for my poor English
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• rick_randallrick_randall Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    With the introduction of decals - This is my first try at making cosmetic threads

This is eye candy only, doesn't show up in drawings or BOM'S (or even thumbnails) - But it does give the correct look , maybe someone else can run with this idea.
          p.s.  look at different configurations
  • martin_kopplowmartin_kopplow Member Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Yes! And that should happen automatically!
  • rick_randallrick_randall Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    I don't have thread call outs implemented for the bolt & screw files listed above(but correct size & description does show up in 
    BOM) - this might not be useful to professional users, but anyone should feel free to copy said files into there own personal library if they like them.

The free community shares , right?