Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I test my app?

MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
I tried testing my test onshape app, but I can't add it to my document.
mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
IR for AS/NZS 1100

Best Answers

• awkawk Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 78
    Answer ✓
    In order to add you app to a document you need to create a Store Entry in the developer portal, then sign in to the AppStore and you should see it listed. Initially store entries are private and cannot be seen by other Onshape users until you request it to be published, at which point our team will test the app and make sure everything looks good.

From the AppStore listing you can subscribe to the app and then add it to a document. If you need to have a few other people test the app you can create team in your Onshape account and choose that team as the 'visibility team' for the store entry in the developer portal, then those members of that team will also see the app when they sign in to the AppStore (before it's published).
    Director of API, Appstore, and App Partner Technical Support

Answers

• awkawk Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 78
    Answer ✓
    In order to add you app to a document you need to create a Store Entry in the developer portal, then sign in to the AppStore and you should see it listed. Initially store entries are private and cannot be seen by other Onshape users until you request it to be published, at which point our team will test the app and make sure everything looks good.

From the AppStore listing you can subscribe to the app and then add it to a document. If you need to have a few other people test the app you can create team in your Onshape account and choose that team as the 'visibility team' for the store entry in the developer portal, then those members of that team will also see the app when they sign in to the AppStore (before it's published).
    Director of API, Appstore, and App Partner Technical Support
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @andrew_kimpton
    I was wanting to try out the client messaging. Is there any way to do it without creating an app store listing?
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
    @billy2
    This is what it says in their manual about rate-limiting:

Add-ons

Bubble lets you run advanced programming operations on our servers. On the Professional plan and above, we reserve server capacity for your app to ensure that your app runs quickly. Each app with reserved capacity starts with 2 units, which determines the amount of server and database CPU time that your app can consume in a given interval. You can scale your app to match your app growth by buying additional units for $20/month (up to 10 additional units).

If your app temporarily exceeds its capacity, we rate-limit the speed at which it runs to keep it under the threshold. You can monitor your usage in real time from the Application Editor.

https://manual.bubble.is/account-plans-and-billing/plans-and-billing.html#add-ons
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
    @billy2

What I really like about Bubble is that you don't actually have to write code for APIs and whatever else.

For API calls to other websites, I just have to tell it what type of authentication and fill in three URLs to be able to log in a user with an external API.  For other API calls, I just do a URL and query parameters for each call.

This is what I have done with https://featurescripts.bubbleapps.io/

I can get Bubble to expose an API, so I can query data from other sites.

Before I can embed a Bubble app into an Onshape document, I must allow embedding in iFrames in the app's settings, as, Bubble disallows iFrames by default.

Bubble automatically updates, like Onshape.

Bubble has a large variety of plugins that people have written. ( https://bubble.is/plugins )
    You can also use pre-built templates that others have made. ( https://bubble.is/templates )

Bubble exposes their own website's source at https://bubble.is/page?id=meta_public if you want to have a look at it.

- Morgan
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited October 2018
    Wow that's a really nice interface.

Beats what I'm doing:

How do they parse json?
    Do they have a merchant account template?