Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Support experiment

3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
edited April 2015 in General
I was creating a model last weekend and I bumped into a situation which I first considered as a bug (was actually a feature when I figured it out).. but I did share the model with support and sent feedback with screenshot.
After 1 min or so I saw red 'S' in my feature tree and *puff* my model was fixed. Considering I was modeling at 02:20 AM that was pretty awesome support!! 

This is something I hadn't give that much thought, OnS support is very different from traditional desktop cads. If you mark problem in feature tree (rename) and share model with support - you can have instant help.
Compared to traditional way where you first create a ticket, next day they ask you to send in the files (this is usually the point where I just give up), you create some sendable package when you get yourself together, next day they might reply you with the directions or even fixed file. Or creating a package might fix the problem itself and you just get reply that nothings wrong. I have frustrated many times with sending files because usually problems are very difficult to explain without pointing out in the model.

OnS support can see things exactly the same as you since there is no packing or sending files what so ever. I think this is major improvement to support (in both ends).

Request:
In future I would like to see a chat screen where I could interact with support while they are looking at my model. It would be handy if problem is related to multiple tabs or links between part-assembly-drawing or similar.
//rami

Comments

• abefeldmanabefeldman Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    @3dcad Thanks for the feedback! Supporting our customers is a huge aspect of our core values; only when you're successful are we successful.  To that end, we've put a ton of thought into how we can provide help as quickly as possible, and are constantly improving our process to meet your needs.  

Right now we're working on a number of different collaboration and communication tools within a document, and chat is definitely on the table.  I'll add your request to the improvement.

Abe Feldman
    UX/PD/Community Support
  • mcconnell113mcconnell113 Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    i think there should be a voice communication as well as text communication to interact with other modelers. That would be game changing to have something like team speak or skype built right into the interface. maybe even a click to speak where you click the persons initial in the screen to talk directly with certain users at that time only. kinda like a way to toggle whether you're talking to certain people on and off.
    John McConnell - Let's change things.
    Saplingstore.com
  • r_paulr_paul Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    I must add a belated thank you to Lou & the Onshape crew.  I am still working thru' Onshape and like what I see.  I am testing it using known models I have often used for student assessments.  The reason being I know a fair bit how the objects "trap" users/students.

having said that one (relatively simple) model posed a particular problem in that Onshape chose to rotate a web 90 deg. from its intended orientation when its radial angle was changed from 44 deg. to 45 deg.  After considerable time was spent examining what was occurring and looking for alternative I concluded it was a 'bug'.  I shared the file with support and the in-built contact to define the fault along with appropriate screen captures.  Lou picked up the problem quite quickly, I think also thinking it may be a bug, only to find out, it is a built in characteristic.  Not real good for me though and i will tip there are others who will strike it as a problem but Lou was on to that and, if I understand correctly, he has flagged it as something which need further attention.

I look forward to it being "fixed" but it is great to know that decent support/listening is behind the product.

Thank you guys. 
    PaulW

Again, thanks for the feedback!  @McConnell113, that's a great idea and I've marked it as an improvement request.

Abe Feldman
    UX/PD/Community Support
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Abe Are there a list of improvement request?
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Request for Feedback / Usersnap: Send copy of message & screenshot to user email or show on zendesk.

It would be nice to check what I have asked and what has been answered if I encounter same problem after a year or so..
    //rami
    @EduardoMagdalena - we don't publish a list of improvement requests for much the same reason we don't publish a product roadmap.  Our process moves very quickly and priorities change regularly, so we try to avoid locking ourselves into deadlines or specific improvements.  However, if you have feature requests or improvements you'd like to see, please submit a ticket through the feedback tool so we can make adjustments to those priorities based on what you and our other users find most important.

@3dcad - you can view the support tickets you've sent in by clicking your name in the top right corner of the Documents (landing) page and selecting "View Support Tickets"

Abe Feldman
    UX/PD/Community Support
    @Abe  Yes, I'm familiar with 'My activities' -page. But there is no screenshot image nor the message that is sent with the feedback.

//rami
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @3dcad
    Good points, both
    edited April 2015
    @3dcad - that should be fixed now.  Unfortunately it won't show the original submissions from tickets sent in the past, but any tickets you submit going forward should show up on that page.  Please let us know if they stop displaying again.
    Abe Feldman
    UX/PD/Community Support
    @Abe works great!

Could it be possible to add 'Share with support' in the feedback dialog inside the document? And if support would remove themself automatically from share after case closed (or fixed time).
    It would be clear which feedback is connected to which document (if having multiple issues across the documents simultaneously)
    //rami
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @3dcad We are already working on being able to unshare ourselves... as well you adding that for you all as well.  As far as share while providing feedback, that is something we do not want everyone to have to do.  Very few support cases require sharing with us but we can consider it. 
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    Just want to say the the feedback response as been astounding !! Great Job Onshape.
  • onshaperonshaper Member, Mentor Posts: 94 ✭✭✭
    Onshape has the best customer service system I have seen yet. Such a breeze to use.