Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Feature Request - #slack app

I use #slack and OnShape but I wish I could merge the two.  There's loads of apps for Slack but there isn't an OnShape one.  It would be awesome to get drawing notifications, updates, etc via Slack when a watched Drawing, Folder, or Comment updated in OnShape.

Comments

• tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree - I would use this too! 
  • raj_Onshaperaj_Onshape Onshape Employees Posts: 106
    @marten_hutchison What are some of the things you would be liked to notified via slack ? At Onshape we use slack pretty heavily :)
  • marten_hutchisonmarten_hutchison Member Posts: 29 EDU
    Linking it to Comments would be good start.  If someone edits a Drawing (similar to the notification that the History has changed) that you're watching or adds a file to a Folder that you're watching.  That would be enough in my mind.
  • michael_hill596michael_hill596 Member Posts: 1 EDU
    I'd like to also voice my support for this. A Slack integration would be pretty killer. I'd love to be able to allow any changes to a document be notified in a Slack channel (part creation, changes, deletions, etc.).
  • marcus_bernsteinmarcus_bernstein Member, User Group Leader Posts: 35 EDU
    That would be SO cool!
    Any chance Onshape is looking for interns?

Philadelphia User Group Leader