Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Part Studio - Parts List to Indicate Revisioned Parts

owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
Hi folks.

When working in a PartStudio I would like to be able to see at a glance which parts I've released and at which Revision.

Something like this perhaps:-

Possibly with a filter to shout about any parts that have not been released.

Cheers,
Owen S.
Business Systems and Configuration Controller
HWM-Water Ltd

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @owen_sparks We do this already when you are lookin at the released version.  Give that a try.  The workspace is not a place to show released parts as they can be modified.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    I can understand both sides to this issue. On one hand, the version of a document you see in the workspace is uncontrolled and therefore can't be guaranteed to be the same as the released version. On the other hand, I do think it would be good to know that "parts A and B have been released and I don't want to touch them as I work on Part C".

As an alternative, what about showing most recent release status in search results? Maybe along-side the part numbers (and other properties) in search results? *hint-hint*