Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I exclude an extrude?

WingsyWingsy Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
edited November 2018 in Drawings

I've got a motor with shaft that is an imported part. The motor mount is my stuff. That extruded block will be part of a ball chain guide, and the area around the motor shaft will be removed in a subsequent operation. So in my parts list I have "NEMA17" (imported) and "Part1" (my stuff). But as soon as I make that block tall enough to touch the imported part, everything becomes that imported part and I lose Part1. Obviously I need Part1 by itself since I'm going to 3D print that and certainly can't 3D print the motor. So how would I make that extruded block as tall as is shown and prevent everything from being absorbed by the imported part?

Edit: It helps to put your problem into words sometimes. The answer just dawned on me... Under Merge Scope I clicked anything in Part1 and it solved the problem.

Comments

• billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    I believe I would change to "new" from "add"
  • WingsyWingsy Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    billy2 said:
    I believe I would change to "new" from "add"
    If I did that then I would have 2 pieces to print and they wouldn't be all the same piece of plastic. I'd have to glue that block to the base. Wouldn't I???
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @Wingsy

Unchecking "Merge with all" will expose a "Merge scope" box which will let you select specifically which part(s) you want to be "Add"ing to.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team