Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to reuse a sketched shape multiple times

I want to make a part with two U shaped channels revolved with different diameters and attached together. I have included a simplified project outlining one of the many similar parts I need.
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/f97d17a1086a1ae835391836/w/dc5ec8037f7f606c64fa6066/e/eccb491001c81836523063f8

The challenge is that I need many of these parts of varying sizes and with varying ratios between the two attached rims. Also, the channel dimensions (on the exterior of each rim) are static so any form of scaling will not work. I would like the ability to change the sketch that is revolved ("Belt Channel" sketch in the link) once rather than have to edit it twice for each individual part. Is there a way to copy the shape in the sketch but transform it to the correct location. Alternatively, is there a way use an array variable to get one of each part as defined in the array?

Any other ideas are welcome.

Best Answer

Answers