Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Drawing dimension prefix and suffix spacing

travis_lundytravis_lundy Member Posts: 15 PRO
I found that when adding prefixes or suffixes to drawing dimensions, I find I am always manually adding spaces after the prefix and before the suffix to make the dimension more readable. For instance, the dimension on the left is shown as-is when adding prefix and suffix information to a dimension. The dimension on the right adds a single space before and after the dimension information.

I do not have the ANSI/ISO standard to reference. It would be nice if OnShape automatically did this.

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @travis_lundy This is added this way by design for use cases where users want to add a character immediately after the dimension value.  If we add a space they cannot do this.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,897 PRO
    I was annoyed at this too at first, but after thinking it over Onshape was right. There is no easier way to remove that space when needed (albeit rare). And your hands are already on the keyboard next to the largest button on the keyboard.  :s

But I know what you mean, it still is annoying AF most of the time  :'(