Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Where can I access items such as bearings, seals, structural elements, etc. to insert into assembly?

paul_noepaul_noe Member Posts: 3 PRO
Hi, folks.
Brand new user here. I've completed the self-guided instruction and purchased a standard license. I also have about 8 years experience with SolidWorks Professional. [Retired now and needed a CAD program that's a bit more affordable.]

I'm trying to model a simple framework to be constructed of angle iron. In Swks I'm used to being able to make a sketch and then use 'structural elements' - whether they be angle, tubular, C-channel, etc. - to insert into my model. Then, selecting appropriate end conditions and my selections are extruded along the sketch as I direct. Is there a feature like that for Onshape? 

Also, re the bearings & seals, etc.: The "standard content" tab in the Insert feature does show some basic fastener options. What about the other items I mentioned?

Thank You
PNoe

Best Answer

Answers

• paul_noepaul_noe Member Posts: 3 PRO
    A big help!!
    Thank You, Tim.