Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Any Way To See What Feature a Constraint is Tied To?

christopher_graham586christopher_graham586 Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
It seems like there should be a way to get this information but I can't find a way.

For example I have a constraint in a sketch that is to a feature of some invisible part   

Should there not be something like a ToolTip on each constraint saying what feature the constraint is linked to?
Tagged:

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    If you click on the constraint icon it will highlight the entities it belongs to. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • christopher_graham586christopher_graham586 Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I know that, but what if the entities are hidden?  For example a constraint to a point in sketch used to create a part, but then the sketch is hidden.
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited December 2018
    Typically external constraints are blue, while those belonging to the sketch are white.
    That sorta gets you in the ball park when digging in. 

turning on show constraints and mouse over all the blue ones is a good way