Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

dont work example app-stl-viewer

On github (https://github.com/onshape-public) examples of work. However, when you try to run app-stl-viewer the app cannot get the model! Is there an example application that can export a model in stl format?

Comments

• ethan_keller924ethan_keller924 Member, csevp Posts: 39 EDU
    @vyacheslav_komarov I'm sorry to hear that the example app is giving you trouble! Do you know what sort of error you are receiving in the console? I'm guessing it is a permission error. I just recently built this app, so I know it is possible, but there are myriad little steps, all of which are necessary, so it is easy to get errors. Also, you can always reach out to me via support within Onshape. As for your question, the API has a collection of "Export to STL" endpoints for exporting parts, partStudios and Assemblies to STL. You can use the API explorer (available in the app store) to see the various endpoints available for consumption. There is also a translation API that can be used to export geometry in a number of formats. Let me know if you want to explore that workflow and I can offer you some pointers. Good luck!
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @vyacheslav_komarov
    Is the document shared with the application?
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • vyacheslav_komarovvyacheslav_komarov Member Posts: 3
    @vyacheslav_komarov I'm sorry to hear that the example app is giving you trouble! Do you know what sort of error you are receiving in the console? I'm guessing it is a permission error. I just recently built this app, so I know it is possible, but there are myriad little steps, all of which are necessary, so it is easy to get errors. Also, you can always reach out to me via support within Onshape. As for your question, the API has a collection of "Export to STL" endpoints for exporting parts, partStudios and Assemblies to STL. You can use the API explorer (available in the app store) to see the various endpoints available for consumption. There is also a translation API that can be used to export geometry in a number of formats. Let me know if you want to explore that workflow and I can offer you some pointers. Good luck!
    Thanks for your reply.
    I get error: {"message":"Unauthorized API request", "status":401} The same answer half the queries now receives the application "API explorer"

I'm currently studying the onshape API and I'm wondering what queries need to be sent to get the model and its parts. And also what queries are needed to download the model or its part in stl format. Do you provide any opportunities for drawing the model?